Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a question on the correct float height adjustment... The machine floods while sitting
I have rebuilt the fuel pump and replaced need /seats.
At first the machine ran great. I'm wondering If when the machine was on its side to replace the track created this problem maybe ... At any rate, I would like to check the height. The carbs were removed again and cleaned.
Any help would be appreciated...
Mike

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
with the bowls off, carb upside down and just the float lever still being installed and its weight only resting on the spring loaded pin of the needle, the lever should run parallel (even/inline) with the bowls bottom, or as I prefer to do, just slightly ''uphill'' as it leads away from the levers pivot pin towards the tips, just enough that you really have to study it to see it doing so,, cat has such deep bowls and jet orfices in the bodies where the pilot jets resides, that 1-1.5mm difference in float height vs what cat/mikuni recommend will not affect the carbs performance, it will actually allow less fuel spillage if the sled (or any machine for that matter) becomes un-level vs what the stock setting will

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies...
Upon further inspection I notice the retainer clips needed to be tweaked. They were coming in contact with the float lever
Hopefully this will solve the issue...
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Feb 23 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the retainer clips of the needle valve itself?,, if so, yeah, that would definitely cause an issue as such[/b]
Yes the clips were the cause,of one problems atleast. Noticed when comparing the old to the new, quite a difference. I did my best to tighten up the clips apparently they needed more adjustment.
My latest problem, the center cylinder seems to be weak/not firing until the Rs come up. Tryied by passing the saftey on the center carb with no luck. I'm curious If either I have a weak coil or I have the firing order messed up. Can anybody tell me the firing order ?
This site Is Great ...
Thanks again
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.