Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today and the sled was running awsome. Put on 260 miles since my full rebuild. Took the sled out on the trail today and hit a log that stopped me dead, hit my right side hard and didnt bend anything on the outside but my steering rod that goes under the motor bent and rubbed against the sub frame. Went to turn it around and limp it back home. got it goin down the trail about 5 min, had a bit of a bog and then it shut down. seized the engine. Took my spark plugs out poured a bunch of oil down the cylinder, got it to unseize and the oil in the middle cylinder was so hot it was boiling the oil. Threw the plugs back in and fired it up quick and it ran on 2 outa 3. Sounded okay, but i shut it down and towed it back to the house. My plugs were a nice cardboard brown, right where I wanna be with the mixture. Not sure why the engine seized and my over temp light didnt even come on before it seized and I know it works. Not sure what to think here..... any advice ? I will run a compression check as soon as i get a chance this week. if it leaned out would the plugs be white?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Plugs would be ashy grey/white if it was lean. My guess is the impact tweaked or damaged something internal

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I was thinking maybe the impact caused a ring to catch or get pinched and that caused the seize. Pull the exhaust and and see if there is any gouging or marks. I'd start there before tearing the whole engine apart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.