Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 ZRT 600 with the old standard rails, tracks usa apparently makes an extension kit for a 97 but not a 96, does anyone know of an extension kit for the old style rear skid, or am i screwed and have to go out and find the skid from a 97 or newer and put that in, and on a side note, anyone have any idea what my maximum lug height would be for that model year, im looking to run a 1.5". any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've got a 121"x 1.375" on my '96 ZRT600, I've been told thatis as big as I can go unless I change to the smaller drivers. I saw a '96 ZRT800 yesterday that had a 144"x 2" on it, I'm sure he swapped the smaller drivers in, but didn't have time to check for any other mods.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I would say look for an entire skid that will accomodate the longer length track. The newer suspensions have more travel and much better ride. You'll have to relocate the mounting holes but Scooter has nice instructions pinned at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, as far as track lug height 1.375 will do the trick. and about the rear skid im trying to find the rear skid out of a '00 zr and putting a tracks usa extension kit on it if i cant find a powder extreme skid. anyways thanks for the input.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got a question, is the reason you need smaller driver is so the track will clear the heat exchanger when you go from a 121" to a 136"? The reason why I ask is because my 93 T-cat has had the 136" conversion & it still has the factory drivers but the front heat exchanger was moved to the rear tunnel extension, & the original rear one was strightend & they were both weilded together. Whoever did it did a really nice job.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scooter Magavin @ Mar 3 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snofrog @ Mar 3 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldnt find a tunnel extention either so I made this one[/b]
Very nice work!!! Looks like a quality piece.
[/b][/quote]

thanks very much !

would you mind if I steal a pic of your graphics so I could get my sticker guy to coppy it for me ?

·
Registered
524 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snofrog @ Mar 3 2007, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scooter Magavin @ Mar 3 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snofrog @ Mar 3 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldnt find a tunnel extention either so I made this one[/b]
Very nice work!!! Looks like a quality piece.
[/b][/quote]

thanks very much !

would you mind if I steal a pic of your graphics so I could get my sticker guy to coppy it for me ?
[/b][/quote]

As long as your sticker guy is ArcticFX who designed and made them for me. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts