Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding today, my 96 Panther 440 kept running out of power. I was on the side of a steep hill and the power just drained out of it. I let it sit running and then tried it and it got me to the top. It kept doing this until it finally stalled and I couldn't get it going.

I have had problems with it bogging out buy nothing like this. I was told the bogging out was a switch that could be bypassed.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Before you do any electrical check all your fuel lines for cracks especially the one in the tank.

·
Registered
211 Posts
While riding today, my 96 Panther 440 kept running out of power. I was on the side of a steep hill and the power just drained out of it. I let it sit running and then tried it and it got me to the top. It kept doing this until it finally stalled and I couldn't get it going.

I have had problems with it bogging out buy nothing like this. I was told the bogging out was a switch that could be bypassed.
Keep your diag as simple as you can, then go after the 'big' time consuming stuff. Pull out your spark plugs and check for spark. If OK, check your compression with a gauge, both cylinders. Let us know what you find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts