Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am really hoping for some help with my problem. I have a 1996 580 Mountain Cat w/ reverse. My problem is that it will only go in reverse and not in forward. I tore apart the gear case and everything is tight in there w/ nothing broken and no metal shavings. I took off the bottom gear (the larger gear) and noticed some wearing in the holes on the backside of the gear. Would that be my problem and if not any advice on what else I could do to troubleshoot it? I'm also looking for an exhaust for this sled so if anyone has one feel free to email me @ [email protected]. I appreciate any assistance you guys/gals can give me and look forward to learning alot from all the informative posts on this site. The snow is ass high to a giraffe here in CO and i'm going nuts not being able to enjoy it.

Joe in CO

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the shift rod at the gearcase and manually pushing it into forward. I would suspect that the linkage needs to be adjusted. Disconnect the lower heim (sp) joint and try pushing down on the shift lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts