Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting mixed reviews about this topic from online reading and even different shops.

Putting new crank seals in and trying to determine the best sealant to use on the matting surfaces of the case halves.

Some are saying MOTOSEAL as it's "Ideal for case halves and is fuel resistant".
Some are saying it needs to be an Anaerobic Sealant like Loctite 518.

If I'm using an RTV like MOTOSEAL that is fuel resistant and is said to be for case halves, wouldn't the only difference be curing time when compared to Loctite 518 as it won't cure until in a oxygen-less environment?
THX
Andrew

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
I'm getting mixed reviews about this topic from online reading and even different shops.

Putting new crank seals in and trying to determine the best sealant to use on the matting surfaces of the case halves.

Some are saying MOTOSEAL as it's "Ideal for case halves and is fuel resistant".
Some are saying it needs to be an Anaerobic Sealant like Loctite 518.

If I'm using an RTV like MOTOSEAL that is fuel resistant and is said to be for case halves, wouldn't the only difference be curing time when compared to Loctite 518 as it won't cure until in a oxygen-less environment?
THX
Andrew
Be sure to put lots of grease on the inside of seal lips before installation.
As for the anerobic sealer, forget that, it may leak. Been there done that. Get Cat case sealant. I got mine last year from Country Cat. If you can't find that, guys use Yami-bond.

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Be sure to put lots of grease on the inside of seal lips before installation.
As for the anerobic sealer, forget that, it may leak. Been there done that. Get Cat case sealant. I got mine last year from Country Cat. If you can't find that, guys use Yami-bond.
Here is the part number for the Cat case sealant right out of the Cat repair manual. #0636-039.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts