Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sons 95 ZR580 run like crap, half the time it willl hardly rev enough to move! Spent 4 hour at a shop on saturday, had the cl;utch rebuilt as it had flat spots on the rollers, went thru the carbs and jetted down and moved the clips first up to stock middle position then dowm one from center, no change! Sled show 120 psi on both holes, has strong spark and seems to be loading up when trying to accelerate. Shop could only come up with " the motor may be tired" and need new pistons and rings. Sled show about 3800 miles and is clean, any thoughts out their, 95zr580, you seem to kow these motors!! from what I've read on here. I have a ZR900 and ZL600 running great, this one I just can't sem to figure out. On a stand it will run up to 8200 rpms, whne it can get out of the hole I can only see 7400 on the lake????????????????? Argh my kids was totally bummed to have to ride two up all weekend when he finally both old enough to ride oin his own and has his safety certificate.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
When you reved it up on the stand did it seem to free wheel or act like the brakes were on. Maybe brakes are sticking or a bearing partially frozen. See it the track turns freely. Are the clutches (both) opening and closing ok? How about a mouse nest in the air intake or exhaust system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts