Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I am new to this site but not new to snowmobiling or the hobby. I have been thinking about the possiblities of putting a newer version AWS into my 95 zr700. I figured here would be a good place to start, since this topic has likely come up in the past.

I was wondering if the newer a-arms are the same dimensions where they bolt onto the sled? If this is the case. then couldn't I take a newer setup and change my tie-rods, upper/lower a-arms, spindle, and shock assembly and have more travel and ground clearence?

If this will work, does anyone have a front suspension to sell or know a good place to look?

Thank you for your time in reading this,
hope to hear from you guys soon,

Tim

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (99SnoPro99 @ Dec 31 2006, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HI, I am new to this site but not new to snowmobiling or the hobby. I have been thinking about the possiblities of putting a newer version AWS into my 95 zr700. I figured here would be a good place to start, since this topic has likely come up in the past.

I was wondering if the newer a-arms are the same dimensions where they bolt onto the sled? If this is the case. then couldn't I take a newer setup and change my tie-rods, upper/lower a-arms, spindle, and shock assembly and have more travel and ground clearence?

If this will work, does anyone have a front suspension to sell or know a good place to look?

Thank you for your time in reading this,
hope to hear from you guys soon,

Tim[/b]
welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

You have an AWS4 chassis... If doing the front end, it's a good idea to get a TSL skid into your tunnel if you don't already have one. Check out the following link, if you do the mod it will convert your sled into a machine that is capabable of competing with the latest tech (handling/rough trail).

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...amp;#entry80603

:chug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts