Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 95 ZR 580 that from a guy and he has nothing wired in it the shroud is off looks like it was fuel injected and they took the efi off of it. Is there a link where I can get the schematics for both the EFI model and the Carbed model so I can make a harness more or less out of whats there?

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
What makes you think it was efi?

Also any wires in particular that you want to know? I'll see if I can find anything for ya

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a an aluminum block on top of the fuel tank with a harness that went to it that was cut off, and what appears to be old fuel lines crimp off on it, theres also a few other wires that were cut off at random. This sled is in good shape good compression no spark was told it just needed a CDI box however there is no old CDI on it to get a part number for it. Once opening the hood it is a bit of a mess inside. I'll try and post a couple of pics of it. when I get back out there.

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
sounds like you have the efi fuel pump still. If you are going to finish the carb swap you are goint to need the carb stator, flywheel and cdi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I really tore into today and found that it was a carbed model that the gas tank was swapped out on because the old on was cracked. That explains the fuel pump. the wires that are cut off on the harness were the kill switch, tether switch, key switch and headlight wires. So if you can find me the kill switch schematic so I can put it back together that would really help out. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up the CDI box and the other parts it needed going to work on it tonight I 'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts