Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 wildcat 700 EFI that will start and it run greats at an idle but boogs down and starts to backfire right about when the track enagages. I have clean all grounds, look for arcing wires, fresh gas and bypassed the TSS and kill switch with a jumper wire. Injectors both measure the same and plugs are new. When I pull the spark plug wire from sled the sled will bogg down indicating that there are firing. I farley new to EFI on a sled but have prettygood knowlege of fuel injection systems on cars.
I heard a bad battery would cause this sympton. If I hook a charger to it and try it it would it be the dame as a fresh battery? If so what amp should I set the charger to? I plan on removing fuel pump and checking the screen next time I work on it.
I also heard something on a smart valve or smartfilter. Where is that located? Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Smart valves are the pickups in the tank and will close up when there is not gas available for them.

Yes, a weak battery will cause all kinds if run problems.
In particular, it will make the ECU go into "limp mode" and it will barely even rev up enough to move.

If you try to run it with a charger attached , use the lowest setting [1.5 amp] or you risk feed back damage to the ECU and stator.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Try a battery for sure, after that put a inline fuel pressure guage on it aqnd see what you have for fuel pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.
From my understanding the Battery is a couple months old. I will charge it and have it load tested. If good Ill check out the fuel system. This week end. I will post results as I find or not find the problem(s)
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts