Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive got a 95 T cat and finally got my first ride tonite. At first, it rocked pretty good but as I rode it seemed to slow. Well turns out not far from home it started to make some noise as if the track was ratcheting. I put it in the shop, gave it a couple turns on the tension and tried again. Still the same vibration-not like ratcheting but something in the drive. I adjusted the tension some more and after a short burst-NOTHING ! I thought the belt blew but got a look and it seemed to be a problem in the secondary. Towed it home and took a look. The chain broke in half. The bottom gear was pretty worn so is the top but not as bad. I plan to put 2 new gears in tommorrow if possible and a chain. Any suggestions on gears? stock is 24/39 what do you guys recommend? Id like a little less top end and more out of the hole.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the bottom gear was pretty worn, top doesnt look bad. I gonna change both along with the chain. Thinking on trying 25/38- stock is 24/39. They cost the same. Lucky the case is OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts