Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock '95 Thundercat 900 and am looking to improve trail performance through clutching. I recently purchased a D&D kit that was supposed to have a purple primary spring and a 62/554 helix. They don't make the purple spring anymore and sent a blue one in its place...but I don't think this an appropriate replacement. Does anyone have any recommendations on what spring to use? I am still using the factory yellow secondary spring in the 5th hole. Any help appreciated!

Scott

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
you can use a (orange/white cat primary) or a D&D teal primary with 64 polaris weights... 60/50 helix and a (red/white cat secondary) stock gears or 25-39... works well :beer_cheers:

BM...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is the blue one feel alot stiffer when installed then the stock one, stiffer the better. IMO most of the time when you need to crank the sec spring to the 5th hole it will end up not working well through the full shift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a bit old but i just joined the site seeking some information. I actually have a purple clutch spring for my 95 tcat 900. I have several different springs and for trail riding the yellow spring worked good enough. The purple one isn't really for trail riding in my opinion as your into the throttle too much therefore, you don't get crap all for gas mileage.It surely is nice to stick the purple one in the odd trip to have a little more fun.I also just purchased and set of 3 stinger silencers to replace the box and 3 k&n filters. Should sound a bit better and perform a bit better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts