Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">i need a little advice. have a well used (see pix) kodiak. next problem i want to fix is the brakes, it has none now. i'm thinking new pads on one end only, probably the rear? this beast will never get used hard, its function is to be the "extra" atv for company/relatives to use if we run out on the back end of our place. it starts relatively easy, runs pretty good, shifts a bit hard, and looks like just what it is (a refugee from the oil patch). best of all the price was right: FREE!!!</span>

<div align='center'><span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">Go 'POKES </span></div>

[attachment=139541:yamaha_002.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Considering how much you have it now (why I can't find these deals?), I would put both front and rear brakes on it.

Since you plan on using it as an extra machine for company I would definitely want front and rears since someone who may ride it may not be very experienced. You would feel terrible if they got hurt because they grabbed for front brakes and there were none.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cabldawg @ Nov 19 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Considering how much you have it now (why I can't find these deals?), I would put both front and rear brakes on it.

Since you plan on using it as an extra machine for company I would definitely want front and rears since someone who may ride it may not be very experienced. You would feel terrible if they got hurt because they grabbed for front brakes and there were none.[/b]
agreed

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i'm heading to the yammie shop to pick up fronts & rears. i'm surprised this thing is still running.

·
Registered
504 Posts
These little 4 strokes last a long time with a little maintenance. Even if the rings are worn out in them they tend to run. They just smoke alot.

I think I'd pull those rack entensions off as well. That's just asking to go into someone's back if they roll it over.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its turning into a little project. turns out its a '99 not a '96. rear brakes just needed adjusting :D , but the fronts are going to need new lines, plus the allen heads are stripped out making removal difficult :angry: . latest plan is for me to be the test pilot and let guests ride one of the 'Cats Cat happy . probably will lose some of the extarneaous parts as needed. its not a bad little bike, but it was the price that made it come home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts