Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a used clutch from a 99 440 Sno Pro on my wife's 95 580ZR, what a huge difference it makes, her sled is now faster than my 97 Ext EFI and my Buddies Polaris 600 Tripple. I'm guessing it's the weights being setup for the 440? It made my wife's day yesterday after we got the clutch installed. She wanted to ride well into the night.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
As along as the max RPM's are at the right place, and not too high, you should not have to worry about damaging the engine. It sounds like the old clutch was really far gone and not working very well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, so far it engages at about 4000, I had it up to almost 90, lots of throttle and the rpm's were around 7500, I do not think she will ever get it up that fast, but it definately runs alot better, the old clutch was extremely bad, I'm actually suprised it didn't explode, being her sled, i was not paying much attention to it, I did wonder why on our last trip she was using almost double the amount of fuel I was, likely due to the clutch not fully engaging as well as not dis-engaging fully.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts