Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have or have had a 94 zr580, what main jets are you running? When I opened up my carbs, I found 340's in mine. Book calls for 400's. I was able to get a hold of 390's but now it bogs on take off. Just wondering how safe is is to run the 340's?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a '95 and it is also jetted down quite a bit from the chart . I think it has 340's in it.
Was there a reason you jetted up ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the sled used and am trying to correct any wrong doings by the previous owner. When I had the 390's in it, it would idle fine and top end was fine but real sluggish on mid range. The only position on the needle jet that would work was to have the clip in the top(lean) spot.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
390's should be good to about 100 below, but way too rich for normal temperatures. You have look at your spark plugs and piston wash to see how your engine is running, but the 340's would be good to about -30C (-25F) in my sled, before installing UFO's, and around the freezing point I could probably run 320's. These sleds are pigs on fuel, especially when they are not jetted right, so I would recommend you get a Tempa-Flow and let it keep the fueling adjusted automatically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts