Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put the finishing touches on reassembling my 94 ZR 700 after adding an AGLT front end, moving the steering post forward (also courtesy of AG) and updating the rear suspension with an M-10. I am so pumped up just looking at this sled with these mods, can't wait to ride it!!! I love the power and torque of this machine now it has a suspension to rival any new production machine, maybe better... :banman: :banman: :banman:

Here are a couple of pics of the finished product:

A couple of pics on the steering post mods that may be helpful to someone in the future:

Toward the end of the AGLT frond end mods, based on other threads I read on the site I checked for my bumpsteer and measurements were good. Measures at the ski tips inside to inside they were:

Bottom position of front suspension travel - 39 and 5/8"

Middle position of travel - 39 and 7/8"

Upper postion of travel - 39 and 1/8"

Here are a some pics on the bump steer measurements:

One more Pic of the finished Product:

Many thanks to AG, TEK and all the other members who have spent time working on their sleds and depositing their shared knowledge for future use by others on this website. Their work and experience shared on this website is a tremendous resource. Without all of your shared knowledge and uploaded information to this site I would have never taken on the project. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Looks great! :thumbsup: Excellent job! Not worthy:

I'd like to suggest ditching the steel skis for some plastic skis some day... Something hopefully with a tall rocker keel. They make a huge difference in how they 'hook' into the loose snow around tight corners.

I hope you added yourself to the count: http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49402

:chug:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Looks great. I love that old 700 twin motor.

Whats the reason behind mounting your shock reservoirs to the lower A arm though? I hope you don't snag those lines on something.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AG - The plastic ski's are on the list for next year as well as a new track!

Jeff H. - When I put the new shocks on the front end the springs rubbed on the arms when mounted normally. I had to mount them upside down in order to make them fit without rubbing. I'm only riding groomed trails these days so it shouldn't be an issue the way they are mounted. Hopefully I'll find out soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts