Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 snowpro zr440 with a 700 cc wildcat engine 1994 need a wiring diagram to help with wiring problems lights burning out Help Please

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm not sure if this answers your question at all, but FYI I put a 93 700cc wildcat engine into a 2000 sno pro chassis....used the sno pro wiring harness w/ the wildcat stator, ignition, & CDI and have had absolutely no problems with wiring, electrical, or lights burning out.

Problem may be something simple, like a bad voltage regulator or something else.

Just a thought.....good luck......btw, glad to see someone else doing the swap, its a blast! long live the 700!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I read your post over in the general area...did you ever hook up the ground wires yet?? the two brown wires tied together should have a eyelet connector and gronded to the engine, then run a ground from there to chasssis.

Mike

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Is that wildcat engine using battery EFI? It's normal to have 2 brown wire ground eyelets coming off it. The stator for the efi wildcat puts out more power then normal to be able to keep the battery charged up. That system will need the rectifier that came off the wildcat. I imagine it also uses a separate regulator for running the lights. Could the wires be crossed between the 2? From the stator the 2 yellow wires that are on a diagonal are straight off the lighting coil and are what would normally feed the 2 yellows going into the 2001 chassis. The yellow with red stripe goes to the ground eyelet. I don't know where the other end goes once it's plugged into the chassis. I don't have a picture of the stator plug ends but does it look like this one?
[attachment=140372:100_2805.JPG]

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts