Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working on my friends cat in there is antifreeze in the exhaust side cyclinder. whats causing this? ive heard stuff about waterpump seals going out or somthing. i dont know much about these three cyclinders so if you guys can give me a hand here.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
i would say head gasket first. thes pop before anything else. you can rent/buy and atuomotive cooling pressure tester. pull the pulgs from the heads. pump only up to the psi on the rad cap and you will find your leak.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the head gaskets are fine. what else could it be?

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Base gasket, cracked cylinder, cracked head, cracked case, and remotely possible crank seals. Hopefully its just the base gasket.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
what sled and what year is it , how many miles are on it and what cylinder is leaking you say exhaust side but is it the mag side center or pto side????

if its the side your mag side , the starter recoil is on then start looking at the water pump seal and bushing

dan

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiggershark @ Jan 23 2007, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Base gasket,

Hopefully its just the base gasket.[/b]
After 2 different ''coolant thirsty'' occasions last season (second one being B/gasket on both, first one being inner o-ring in pto cyl), I sure as hell didn't need to see this Tig,,, slaphappy (btw, it's completely cured now)

yes, hopefully, this would be the cheapest/easiest route from here on out

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive got if figured out thanks

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
What did you find out? Glad to here it's fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts