Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 94 jag wont idle or even start unless im giving it gas, the other day it would barely start and earlier I put some fuel treatment in it and now it starts first pull ( if i'm giving it gas ). What i would like to know is how I could adjust or diagnose this problem to avoid a 80$ fee to find it was something stupid.

EDIT/ADD-ON : I assume since it runs when i'm holding the throttle it has to do with the carb, tomorrow at some point i'm going to try adjusting the carb and if that doesn't do anything i'm going to clean it and see if it helps it.

What I would like to know is how long it should take me from taking the carb off to putting it back on when i'm done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would start by cleaning the carb. Should only take half hour to thoroughly clean it well. Sounds like the slide is down to far. There is and adjustment on the top. Adjust by 1 full turn at a time. Try starting it every time you make 1 turn. Also check to see if you have water in your gas.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
When you take the carb off and remove the bowl look for a small tube near the inlet side of the carb. There is a small orfice that is just for idle. Clean it out with the wire from a bread bag twist tie. It should pass freely through into the throttle body. When done, spray the rest down thoroughly with carb cleaner (don't get it in your eyes!!).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took it apart and srubbed it up and it made a slight difference but still won't idle, I read up on other problems and found it could be a crankcase seal, so instead of getting over my head in this I dropped it off at the shop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts