Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 cougar 440 liquid that is real boggy off of idle. If I pump the throttle or flip the choke on for a second it revs up and runs fine after that. Its done this for the last couple of years. Last year I put in new pilot jets and new needle and seat and it seemed to help a little but didn't fix it. The boots from carb to airbox are getting bad I was just wondering it that could cause the bogging or if its something else. It never bothered me when I was riding it but now it's the kids sled and he's having trouble with it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Make sure and check the belt deflection on the sled. It should be between 1 1/8 and 1 1/4. if the belt is too loose this will cause a bog on the lower end.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Funoutfitters @ Dec 22 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Make sure and check the belt deflection on the sled. It should be between 1 1/8 and 1 1/4. if the belt is too loose this will cause a bog on the lower end.

Hope this helps Jeff[/b]
It only bogs off of idle, once it has enough rpm's to engage the clutch it runs fine.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bang your head <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (soland @ Dec 22 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 93 cougar 440 liquid that is real boggy off of idle. If I pump the throttle or flip the choke on for a second it revs up and runs fine after that. Its done this for the last couple of years. Last year I put in new pilot jets and new needle and seat and it seemed to help a little but didn't fix it. The boots from carb to airbox are getting bad I was just wondering it that could cause the bogging or if its something else. It never bothered me when I was riding it but now it's the kids sled and he's having trouble with it. Thanks for any help.[/b]

Nobody's got any idears??????????? I dunno

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
How many miles are on the clutching? I got a 92 Cougar with 4500 miles on it, still runs good, however the clutching is showing its age and needs a going over. No bog yet.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Danzig @ Dec 23 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How many miles are on the clutching? I got a 92 Cougar with 4500 miles on it, still runs good, however the clutching is showing its age and needs a going over. No bog yet.[/b]
Sled has close to 6000 miles I probably have had it for a 1000 miles and I don't know any history on it. Might still be original motor and clutch but I doubt it. Once you get the rpm's up to 4000-4500 where the clutch engages at it runs fine and the clutchs seem to shift fine. I guess I never checked the compression. Could low comp make it act like this? It's not like I'm trying to get very top performance out of it I just want it to run good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts