Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I considering raising the tunnel on my 93 Arctic cat wild cat 700. Any suggestions or tips? From what I’ve read on other sleds, raising the tunnel changes your centre of gravity and is meant for deep snow? Any help or tips would be great!

·
Registered
12,563 Posts
Check to see if front skid bolts has two spots to bolt on. The unused one will have a plastic plug in it. If it does, drop front of skid to that hole and rear skid bolt to spot under tunnel. Tighten up springs on ski shocks to get back the ski pressure lost by raising skid. I did this to my 93 Pantera without issue.

·
Administrator
40,114 Posts
Is this Arctic cat news? :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is correct. When you “raise the tunnel” by dropping the rear suspension bolt placement, you’re actually lowering the back of the rear skid. It appears to be sitting flat because of the weight but it’s actually tipping the back of the slide rails down. On a trail, that configuration will add ski pressure but make the back end a little squirrelly. In deep snow, the track is angled and allows for better traction because that angle adds lift to your momentum instead of just flat tracking it.

Most guys are looking to add suspension travel, but raising the rear won’t accomplish this. You’ll need longer torque arms, but you’ll still be limited by a short travel front suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts