Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for some clarification on whether or not I have an issue with my oil pump shaft or not.

1991 wildcat 700, I’m thinking whoever had this motor apart before me might have lost some shims for the oil pump shaft. I’ve attached a photo but essentially the oil pump shaft has an excessive amount of back and forth play and it looks like the inner bearing race is turning on the shaft as well. I would assume there should be more than 1 shim and that the shaft should have a very small amount of play.
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is from the Wildcat manual.
There was no c clip or a place to put one as far as I could see. If I knew the thickness of the tool needed to check backlash then I could follow the manual and check with a caliper. There were 2 shims when I took it apart and I didn’t change anything so it should go back together. It just seems like the person who was in there before me put one on the lower shaft and one on that shaft. The exploded view doesn’t show a shim on the other shaft so I assume both that came out of it belonged on the pinion shaft

1 - 11 of 11 Posts