Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
update to a early post

i have an 04 900EFI that was after running for about 30-45 min bogging dow aand would only run at 6000RPM and about 40 MPH, i checked everything i could and all was good. i had a suggestion from here to change the Stator, reassoning was that after it gets warm it can loose resistance, makes snese and info aprreiciated greatly, however i changed the stator and still had the problem only today as i was limping back home we started to backfire when i let off the gas, on the gas 6000 rpm was the limit. after about 100 ft of that i stopped very suddenly and not by choice and let the steam roll. opened hood and found that the right pistion and rod had made a nice hole from the top of the head down to the intake, could see nicely into the engine and could even see the read valves, hole is about 2 inches wide, i have since taken this apart the rest of the way and foound what appears to be a pin sized hole in the bottom head gasket, looks like it has been there awhile, but not for sure on that.

again just what to let everyone know my outcome and something else to look at and not mad at anyone. THESE FORUMS ARE STILL A GREAT SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE.

P.S if anyone a new or used motor i need one

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you go on Snowest and on the swapmeet section theres lots of people selling parts. If you put a WTB you might be able to find someone selling and engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts