Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my old man and I were frigen stumped on a stupid question that we both knew, but since im on the site I better just ask on here. But What Does AFS really stand for? Lol I may sound like a total retard :p

·
Registered
603 Posts
I thought it was A-Frame Suspension. Just my guess, and what I have been calling it for years.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Lol I always thought it was Anti Front Suspension but Hey I dont know but I think your right, Ive seen it before somewhere but Its not even in the manual!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jkd37 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought it was A-Frame Suspension. Just my guess, and what I have been calling it for years.[/b]
:sure_ok: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
603 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
no "A" frames on this one[/b]
The a-frames I thought it referenced were the shape of the pivot arms from the top of the spindle to the shocks under the pipe. When looked at from the front or rear it looks like a wide "A". That sled does have that. But hey if AWS can mean Arctic Whishbone Suspension, I supose AFS could mean Arctic Front Suspension too. As stated before, A-Frame is just a guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Idigem @ Feb 10 2007, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bang your head >> This is a 90 jag AFS ???? no "A" frames on this one , good question , i thought it meant alternate front suspension? badcomputer :angry_mad:[/b]
Yeah, Same sled, wow, Alot of different things eh guys?? Well, Ill just go to the dealer tonight and ask him Thanks for all the responses, but Im gonna go with A Frame Suspension for the time being.
Take it easy guys!
oh by the way JKD I was laughing so hard about that Clutch problem you had, Any damage to the car?

·
Registered
603 Posts
No damage to the car or the wife would have been mad. Her new car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.