Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My el tigre suddenly had no spark. I drove it earlier in the winter when we had snow here and parked it. I came back a day or so later and it didnt start. I ignored the problem then since the snow was gone. Today we got some snow I went to start it and nothing. The throttle switch was disconnected years ago so that is out. Where do I start?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Disconnect the wiring plug at the motor. Make a jumper between the black and brown wire on the motor plug. You may want to tie a string to the jumper because if it starts pulling the jumper will be the only way to shut it down. Lift the rear of the sled and see if it starts. Do you have good plugs in it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
The easy way to figure out your problem is to jumper each switch - plug the main harness back in, and jumper the leads to the kill switch - if that doesn't give you spark, plug it back in, and jumper the leads to the ignition switch - if that doesn't give you spark, then you have a bad harness.

More often than not, it's the kill switch. Somewhat less common is a bad ignition switch - the other possibility is corrosion on the switch leads.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.