Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking for suggestions on aftermarket skis for my 2013 800RR. What I am looking to achieve is better performance in soft/loose/churned up trail conditions. It seems to have great steering on the firm/hardpacked portion of the trails but as soon as the front end gets into some churned up snow in a corner it seems to push more than I am comfortable with....

Any real word experience from other RR owners?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I would check out C&A Pro Skis Im going to run the Razors next year. Been some good reveiws about them here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I don't have a RR but I do have a 12 sno pro with Powder Pros w/Shapers and that thing will out corner anything I've come up against in any loose snow condition. Excellent on hard pack also. It's almost like cheating.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello,
I'm looking for suggestions on aftermarket skis for my 2013 800RR. What I am looking to achieve is better performance in soft/loose/churned up trail conditions. It seems to have great steering on the firm/hardpacked portion of the trails but as soon as the front end gets into some churned up snow in a corner it seems to push more than I am comfortable with....

Thanks,
-John
simmons gen 1

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello,

Thanks,
-John
I love my pilots 5.7 with 7.5 shapers down the middle and the stock 4" on outside,and pulled down limiters as tight as it goes in 5th hole,turns now,this is on a turbo 1100f lxr 2013.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok.... so Razors sound to be very popular but I am only hesitant because I do not want to loose the light/easy steering that the sled has. If I can keep these characteristics but gain loose snow corner speed confidence then I'm all in! I'm I asking for too much? ...lol!

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sv: 800RR ski suggestions..?

I dont have a problem with heavy steering with my c&a pro xt. Pick up a pair c&a you will love them. Also have a pair razors on my snopro 440 also great skis but i like the xt's more.

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Question for those of you who installed the C&A Razors on your sled.... Did you have a heck of a time getting the ski mounting bolt installed? It seemed like rubbers pads were so tight that they wold not allow the ski to come up high enough for the holes to line up with the spindle hole very easily, even with all of the weight of the sled on the skis!

I eventually got them but not without getting creative and persuasive.... Anyone else or was this a random situation?

-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sv: 800RR ski suggestions..?

I used a rubber hammer and gave mine a little beating on the bolt. Make sure alignment is right and give them a little punch. A Little not a BIG. These c&a skis are a bitch to get on :p

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, guess it wasn't just me/mine then....

Did anyone else notice that the instructions for the ProCross chassis mounts showed rubber mounts that were supposed to be a bit taller on one end but the ones that were in the kit were actually the same height on both ends basically making them reversible?

Thanks,
-John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.