Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the group and saw a YouTube video of a new 2021 zr 8000 rr siezing up, said his injectors were faulty and sounded like a few other guys had the same problem with under 200 miles, anyone on here have more info and know if there's something to be done before it happens? I emailed arctic cat a few weeks ago and no response. I just don't want it happening to me at the beginning of next season and being screwed by the one yr warranty. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
138 Posts
New to the group and saw a YouTube video of a new 2021 zr 8000 rr siezing up, said his injectors were faulty and sounded like a few other guys had the same problem with under 200 miles, anyone on here have more info and know if there's something to be done before it happens? I emailed arctic cat a few weeks ago and no response. I just don't want it happening to me at the beginning of next season and being screwed by the one yr warranty. Thanks in advance!
Invest in a extended warranty depending on how long you intend on keeping it. It will give you a sense of security knowing you’ll have protection in case of a cat astrofic failure! My extended warranty is for 4 years, cost was $2600 Can.well worth every penny; a replacement engine is probably in the range of $4500 or more. And that’s just the engine, no labour. I notice you live in US purchasing extended warranty is more than likely a lot cheaper. I emailed A/C 3 months ago, about opening a A/C Snowmobile Training School; a school for beginners of all ages, I have yet to hear from them. Read a few posts on site, dude’s have emailed about injector issues and they have had no response as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been following this issue and based on internet reports it looks like it occurs early on - 200-300 miles or so. The problem is tied to injectors, and affects 800cc ZR's and Riots, and 400cc Blasts. I haven't heard of any reports from Norseman or mountain sled owners. So, that alone would tell me that the issue is limited. It also seems like a lot of people reporting higher miles and no problems at all. So, I think it's safe to say that it's only a batch of injectors affected. I have not heard any acknowledgement from Cat on this and nobody knows exactly how wide spread it is. It's probably not as wide spread as we think, but I'm hoping to see more information from Cat by early summer so that a recall can be completed before new 2022 sleds start being delivered.

There's also a persistent complaint about fuel mapping. Some think this is tied to the problem, but I don't - I think they are two separate issues. The mapping issue seems to affect a much higher number of sleds (potentially, all 400/800 engines), with some riders more observant than others about whether their sled exhibits the behavior. I say this, because at first I didn't think I had it and now I do.

Some of the riders affected by the injector issue report a stutter in the 6000rpm range just prior to meltdown. Most of the people reporting a mapping issue say their "stutter" is in the 4800-5200 rpm range. I don't think they're the same. Most of the injector failures occur without any warning at all.

I've been watching my EGT and it looks like temps rise significantly between 5000-6000 rpm. I'm seeing 700-900 below 6000 rpm and 1100-1150 above that. So, I wonder if the "bad" injectors show themselves right at that speed.

The importance of getting communication from Cat on this is going to increase over the next few months. Sooner is absolutely better than later.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've been following this issue and based on internet reports it looks like it occurs early on - 200-300 miles or so. The problem is tied to injectors, and affects 800cc ZR's and Riots, and 400cc Blasts. I haven't heard of any reports from Norseman or mountain sled owners. So, that alone would tell me that the issue is limited. It also seems like a lot of people reporting higher miles and no problems at all. So, I think it's safe to say that it's only a batch of injectors affected. I have not heard any acknowledgement from Cat on this and nobody knows exactly how wide spread it is. It's probably not as wide spread as we think, but I'm hoping to see more information from Cat by early summer so that a recall can be completed before new 2022 sleds start being delivered.

There's also a persistent complaint about fuel mapping. Some think this is tied to the problem, but I don't - I think they are two separate issues. The mapping issue seems to affect a much higher number of sleds (potentially, all 400/800 engines), with some riders more observant than others about whether their sled exhibits the behavior. I say this, because at first I didn't think I had it and now I do.

Some of the riders affected by the injector issue report a stutter in the 6000rpm range just prior to meltdown. Most of the people reporting a mapping issue say their "stutter" is in the 4800-5200 rpm range. I don't think they're the same. Most of the injector failures occur without any warning at all.

I've been watching my EGT and it looks like temps rise significantly between 5000-6000 rpm. I'm seeing 700-900 below 6000 rpm and 1100-1150 above that. So, I wonder if the "bad" injectors show themselves right at that speed.

The importance of getting communication from Cat on this is going to increase over the next few months. Sooner is absolutely better than later.
You are seeing over 1100 above 6000 rpm because the motor is working harder. Nothing to do with the injectors. My 600's are 1100 to 1200 plus over 6000 RPM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts