Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some problems with fouling my plugs recently and posted earlier topics which helped to eliminate possible causes. Thanks btw to everyone who has given any advice at all. What it boils down to now is the pump running too rich at idle (and WOT?) I can't take it to a dealer because i live on an Island in the Arctic, therefore I am limited to telephone calls to them and handling their advice in my own hands. Only problem is, I'm no mechanic by all means....only aspiring lol. The problem I'm having is locating the points at which the pump should be set at during idle and WOT, the dealer says there are two "notches" for these points but I just can't seem to find them after taking the belly pan off....Anyone with any input or even pics maybe to show me what I'm overlooking would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mael

EDIT:sorry for the triple post bang your head

·
Banned
1,162 Posts

·
Banned
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW!!! Thanks Melrose, and DJSF7 of course. I'll be doing the calculations as soon as the temp. warms up a little bit and I'm able to hit a 50 mile ride at least. I honestly can't thank you guys enough for the time you all take to help others out, it's very well appreciated. I'll update after I've completed .

Thanks Again guys,
Mael

·
Registered
896 Posts
AC has an oil pump output range. Best to do a CC test to find out how much your pump is putting out and adjust to the lower side of the range.

Best to stay with-in this range for warrenty reasons.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oldcrow @ Jan 7 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
AC has an oil pump output range. Best to do a CC test to find out how much your pump is putting out and adjust to the lower side of the range.

Best to stay with-in this range for warrenty reasons.[/b]
Don't quote me, but the PROPAGANDA sheet I saw showed 11.2cc oil per hr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts