Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got an old 79 el Tigre 6000 as a project sled. These sleds were pretty fast in their day. Looking forward to using you guys to help me restore this classic ! Ever seen one with a green hood ? Also what is the cc of the engine, its liquid cooled. Lots of new parts- owner lost interest.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If it is for sure a 1979 El Tigre 6000 she is running a 440 Liquid Suzuki engine.
These were fast sleds in there day and when running right now the still go. I had a 78' and she really blew me away how quick she was and she was all stock!
Good luck with the project, MATT

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Nice project sled....have fun! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
good find ! should be a ripper all I did to mine was update the clutches and she gives the new sleds a run. very fun and fast old sleds Good Luck !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice sled!

I had a 79 tiger and it was fast, it also was reliable...it had 10,000 miles on it when I sold it.

Now I bought one last year and put it into shape, but we havn't got any snow and it has sit in the garage for two winters now.

Who do ya know wants to buy a 1979 6000 El Tigre'?????

I'd take $600.00 for it. [email protected]

·
Registered
474 Posts
1978-79 used the 440 LC Spirit/Suzuki. 1980-81/84 used the 500cc LC Suzuki. Check the serial number as the first digit is the model year. Don't go by build dates as they can be misleading. I remember an arguement I had with the JP when I was registering my 1979 Jag. They insisted it was a 1978 model, because it was built in the summer of 1978, DOH!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts