Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 440 with the 4 plug heads. It is in decent shape...Seat cover is bad, there is a crack in the belly pan near the right foot well, windshield is broken, and some of the wiring appears to be cobbled up. I pulled it over and it was free, with what felt like decent compresion. I don't know whether it runs because the owner was not home, but they had $500 on it. I know that these are pretty sought after, but is it worth $500 in that kind of shape? I just don't want to waste money...but on the other hand, I dont want to miss out on it if it is worth it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
there were 4000 tigres made with the 440cc engine in 1974. It seems high to me but someone might pay that I guess. I would pay about half that in the condition you are describing it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffmsu @ Jan 12 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there were 4000 tigres made with the 440cc engine in 1974. It seems high to me but someone might pay that I guess. I would pay about half that in the condition you are describing it.[/b]
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to insult anyone without knowing what they are worth. Did the 74's have chrome tanks on them like the 73's did?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mastercam @ Jan 12 2007, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Arc...sspagenameZWDVW

This one is in great shape, but gives you an idea[/b]
Saw that one too. That one is definately better than the one I'm looking at.

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK Fellows ....................
So what is a 1975 340 Z worth ? On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say that this one is a 8.5 or a 9 !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts