Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on rebuilding my 340 kawi, i have a winderosa prof set, and 6 new orings on their way, my question is that the center seal on the crankshaft, the one that has two o-rings on it, should this be very tight like a traditional rubber seal, or is this designed to be a metal seal with a bit of play/looseness?
thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i didnt know that, Thanks for the help thats quite a releif, i never even intended on tearing this engine apart then it got worse and worse. It began missing spark on one side, so i figured pull the flywheel clean the points and reset, i pull the flywheel and theres traces of oil all on the stator and points, which i figure is the mag oil seal getting my points all dirty so they dont work. So i order the gasket set and split the case, well it turns out my o-rings are shot, a little looking on ebay and ive got 7 on their way, then i notice the center seal is a little loose and thankfully it ends there....i hope.
sorry for writing a novel, THANKS for the help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.