Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Buddy has a 72 panther 440. We messed with it all day. He just put new crank seals on the ends, replaced the points and rebuilt the carb. It has good spark, 110lbs comp and getting fuel, But wont start, sputters like it wants to but doesnt. It sounds closer to starting when the throttle is wide open and your pulling it over.
we even sprayed carb cleaner in the carb still no fire. swapped plugs a bunch of times. were going to wear out the recoil before he rides it. We tried moving the timing all over today and regapped the points. any advice before he gives up???? Thanks for any advice!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mastercam @ Jan 14 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
any luck luck with priming the cylinders?[/b]
Nope. really puzzeled???

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f7 patriot @ Jan 15 2007, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mastercam @ Jan 14 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any luck luck with priming the cylinders?[/b]
Nope. really puzzeled???
[/b][/quote]

Timing maybe? Although you would have had to screw with it to mess is up if it was running before.

K

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffmsu @ Jan 15 2007, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
center seal.[/b]
I was wondering about the center seal, any way to check for sure???
we had the timing all over, still the same./ It did run once for a few minuits at half throttle then never again. On the bright side we got 7 inches of fresh snow and the f7 still rocks!!!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I would pressure check the engine and make sure she is air tight. Not sure of your specs on this check. Is it running a Wahlbro carb? Also compression I believe should be no more the 10psi between the cylinders also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts