Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 Kitty Kat with the suzuki engine and the carb needs replacing but OEM is no longer availible so am stuck trying to locate a used carb? My Daughter is soo excited about having a snowmobile I really need to get this running for her any sugestion would be appreciated THanks; Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you but I was hoping to find a used one that I could rebuild because the bowl on the one I have is detiorated and cannot be repired! I just don't have the money to spend on a new one

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Try Olson brothers racing they have kitty kat parts. They have a up grade to a 18mm mikuni carb. You have to get a flange carb fuel pump and throttle cable. The old carbs on those kitty kats starved themselves of fuel because there gravity fed. Other thing is if you dont have the lift kit on the sled look into getting one. The sleds sit so low they get hung up in the snow. That helps a ton.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a 72 Kitty Kat with the suzuki engine and the carb needs replacing but OEM is no longer availible so am stuck trying to locate a used carb? My Daughter is soo excited about having a snowmobile I really need to get this running for her any sugestion would be appreciated THanks; Doug
A '72 should have the Kawi engine - give me a call at 701 214-3184.

Dave
Bismarck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Correct.
"72-'76 kitty cats has the Kawasaki motor. '77-'99 kitty cats used the Suzuki motor. Either you are incorrect with the year of sled you have or the original Kawi motor has been swapped out for the newer suzuki motor.
Carb and motor parts are still available from your local Cat dealer for the Suzuki motor kitty cats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no clue if it is an original motor I just went by manufaturing tags on the sled and engine the sled says manufacture date is 1972 and tag on motor says suzuki manufacturing ?? I know nothing about them except that it looked cute and my daughter fell in love with it? and that the guy I bought it from I didn't trust even before I bought it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just found out the tag was was misread from the tunnel and I know now from the serial number that it is a 1978 with a spirit motor and I have been on a wild goose chase looking for the wrong part numbers! I appoligise to everyone and thank you all for the help you provided me! if it wern't for people like you I would have never even known I was searching for the wrong part numbers! I will keep you all posted when my lil girl's machine is working like it should and post a pic then too! Thanks to everyone

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I just found out the tag was was misread from the tunnel and I know know from the serial number that it is a 1978 with a spirit motor and I have been on w wild goose chase looking for the wrong part numbers! I appoligise to everyone and thank you all for the help you provided me! if it wern't for people like you I would have never even known I was searching for the wrong part numbers! I will keep you all posted when my lil girl's machine is working like it should and post a pic then too! Thanks to everyone
Were all here to help, good luck in fixing that little machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts