Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts and runs great. High idle. Try and get it to move it will go about 20’ feet and bog right out. Choke it while feathering throttle for a few seconds, then turn choke off it will rev up and try to take off then bog out. I did flood the base early this morning because the fuel kept flowing when it was off. Installed an inline fuel shutoff. Carb had been rebuilt, fuel tank cleaned with new liner, new fuel lines, fuel filter plugs etc. is the base still flooded 8 hours later and causing this?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I tried for years to try and get those old diaphram carbs to work. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. I finally converted to Mikuni carbs and solved all my problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Carb is good. Borrowed my father’s compression tester and found the issue. Compression was only 60psi both sides. I believe the base gaskets were toast. Cylinders, pistons and rings are all clean. No damage, scratches etc. think I’m gonna put new rings on it, gasket set with seals. And Saturday morning I’m bringing the crankshaft to a local that will remove the old bearings and replace them with new ones.
I have found several gasket kits with seals. Are any better than others? Winderosa set good?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts