Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has done much tweaking on the 700efi's? Clutching, pipes, etc. What works and what don't? Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have heard a lot of guys putting pipes on (HMF) and they have been getting like 4-5 horespower. And a lot of guys are waiting for the VDI to come out an they say the only thing that will be bettr is the can-am 800. And if you want to go for the gusto you can put 29.5 outlaws on and install a clutch kit,VDI,pipe,air filter,lift kit and you would be good to go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the speedwerx clutch kit in mine, it helped the bottom end out alot. I would get the kit that includes the secondary spring. I am on the waiting list for the VDI (Velocity Devices Inc) ECU which is suppose to rid the bike of the bottom end lag, increase the power, run cooler, and be more fuel efficient. I haven't found a aftermarket air filter for it yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mhuinker- Let me know how you like the VDI once you get it, I was leaning towards the speedwerx clutch kit but wanted some feed back. Has anyone tried there pipe? I am alittle disappointed in the top end, what are you seeing for top end speeds, and how long does it take to get there. I am hopeing it gets better as it gets broke in. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Right now I get about 63 out of it and it takes awhile to get there. I only have 350 miles on it, not sure if it is going to increase much more. They are geared lower and are a lot heavy that the king quad with the same engine. They are just not built for speed. I guess I can live with the low top end as long as the VDI ECU makes it mean and nasty on the bottom end. I would definately recommend the speedwerx clutch kit. I think I would wait for the VDI box before a pipe or get some other EFI controller, with a pipe it will just make it run even leaner than it already is. The VDI ECU will fix the timing and the fuel ratio. Looks like it will be a couple more months before the VDI box is available to consumers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts