Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I hope I am in the correct section. I am looking at a 2014 zr7000 limited and a 2015 7000 rr. Anyone know of major differences in these? I believe zr has 137 and rr has 129. I am used to two strokes riding mostly aggressive on poorly groomed trails and ditchbanging. Not in an area where we typically have lots of snow. Been trying out a Nytro for the last year and just want to try a more balanced four stroke. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a 2014 ZR 7000 limited 137. Once I got a clutch kit installed and dialed in the thing was so fast, it literally felt like it was ripping your arms off. But now I am back on 800 2 stroke. Because that sled to me is not a good sled for crossing fields, ditch banging, Etc. It was just too heavy and I could not keep up with all of my two stroke Buddies. Now when I took it to the U P it was phenomenal it handled the bumps amazingly and I had zero problems keeping up with anybody. Even in the corners. I'm from Iowa. So the bulk of my riding is here, which most people know is basically riding wherever you can. So for that it wasn't a good match for me. 2017 ZR8000 is what I went back to. This will probably be my sled for a long time. It fits me and my riding style very well. Basically everybody I ride with ride 800 2 stroke. Before the zr7000 I had a nytro and I absolutely hated it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
If I was you, I'd get a 2 stroke...
If you have to go to a 4 stroke, the rr is calibrated for an agressive rider, if you stand up and throttle up when the chop gets to be 18"+ it will work well.
If you like to sit down and cruise over 3-5" stuff than the limited will be a better fit.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I am looking at a 2014 zr7000 limited and a 2015 7000 rr. Anyone know of major differences in these? I believe zr has 137 and rr has 129. I am used to two strokes riding mostly aggressive on poorly groomed trails and ditchbanging. Not in an area where we typically have lots of snow.
I also tend to agree that if you are a ditchbanger and are riding aggressively on poorly groomed trails, the 7000 in general may not be the best choice. I agree with @Krom, a 2 stroke is probably a better fit. Between the 7000's that you listed, the RR is a better ditch banger.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm a 4 stroke guy and a fan of the 7000, but I agree with the others, that for your riding needs, a 8000 would be the better option. If it was long mile groomed trails, the Limited would be your choice. The shocks on a RR are very aggressive. Ditch banging with a 4 stroke wouldn't be a great choice.

·
Super Moderator
8,197 Posts
A 2 stroke will be a lot more reliable and cheaper to run over the long run

1 - 6 of 6 Posts