Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 700 quad in Olive green. 2009+ (still want the metal racks).

Looking on the cat website I don't think the dark green is offered in all years. I see the metallic green and camo but not dark Olive green.

Also wondering what the difference is in the 700 motors from say 2009+? Are they all EFI? What's the difference between a H1 EFI model and an "S" model? What's the most reliable 700 motor?

And what year did EPS come out?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking to upgrade my 2006 400 4x4 auto Olive green with metal racks. I want basically the same quad but in 700 and maybe EPS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi im not sure on the colour options.

But the 2009 + 700 they all are efi. S was a model with more options i think.

EPS i think came around 2010 or 2011

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is the 700 EFI the same motor in all bikes from 2009-current?

The 700 engine is made by cat?

Any particular years to stay away from or specific things to watch for?

Thanks guys. Just looking for something that is pretty reliable and bullet proof.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Only issues are the motor mounts. Check very carefully they can wear out and wear right into the case.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The S units were the base model machines but had power steering. They changed oil flow for better cooling in 2010 or 11 (I don't remember) which is why later models didn't come with an oil cooler. The 700 H1 is pretty solid short of some piston slap on early models.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Going to look at a 2009 700 tomorrow with 3000 miles. Guy says it needs a couple wheel bearings and CV boot. Not a big deal. I'll check the motor mounts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I looked at the 09 700 and it had a rough life so I passed on it.

I have now decided to spend a little extra money and get something newer. Going to look at a 2013 700 Limited in Camo with 1000 miles on it. Has EPS which I kind of wanted after driving my buddies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts