Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at building up a mountain/boon docking sled using a 04 snopro race chassis, an extended track and dropping in a stock 700 EFI motor. I'm just curious as to whether there is a difference between the F7, M7, sabrecat700 or crossfire 700 motors. Is there different programing to the ECU's. or any physical differences? I plan on using the sled in michigan's UP so it won't be too high elevation, but I will probably take it out west a few times a year. Any recommendations/ ideas?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm sure they are all the same...it was the suspension that was different between the models...at least it was for the sabrecat and f7, M7 may have had different ecu calibrations...but physically..the motors should be the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was fairly positive the mounts and the internals were the same, I'm curious as to whether there are differences in the calibration of the ECU/EFI and which one I should be looking for mainly low altitude powder riding and once or twice a year higher altitude mountain riding. I'd assume I'd want an M7 motor and ECU, but if an F7 or sabrecat700 has the same tuning I'd go that route as they are far easier to find. Or could I use an F7 motor and have the ECU reflashed to M7 spec?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts