Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new 2007 700 EFI and the only thing I've done is put on black C-series ITP LE wheels 12X7 and some 30in MudLite XXL's. I am an aircraft mechanic so I am pretty mechanically inclined, but I have never worked on ATV's. I want to snorkel it first and maybe remap the EFI. Is there any kits out there for snorkeling it. Will the ones for the Suzuki 700 work? On the EFI, I know when people snorkel the carb'd versions alot of times they have to rejet, do you have to do anything with the EFI? You have to snorkel the air intake, trans intake and exhaust right? Where can I get some info mods for the EFI? Also, when I run the snorkel I want to run it through the radiator access panel because I really don't want to cut the plastic if possible. I want to be able to remove it if I have to carry it to the dealer for warranty work.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice looking machine!

Yes, you would have to add more fuel just like a carb machine. The EFI used on these new ATV's does not self adjust like on a car. It will comp for altitude and temp but not mods that require a lot more fuel.

Since this engine is exactly the same as the King Quad, you have a few choices. There is the Dobeck and Powercommander add on units that add fuel only. These would work well if you add a pipe or snorkle. But the best should be here shortly, the Copperhead. It is made by VDI. It will completely replace your ECM and control everything. Fuel, timing, limiters, this is definitely the way to go. It is more pricey but should be worth it. The factory timing is set up for emmisions and safety. This will be the only product that can overcome those limitations. By correcting the timing, the machine will run cooler and will have a ton more power off the line. Like what the Kawi engined guys see when they add a module only this is better as there are more features you can control, including fuel.

They have some info on their homepage and a huge thread on Nyroc in the King Quad forum.

VDI

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
very accurate info topgun. VDI is da bomb, i mean look at my sig lol.

tapp,
i will attach a pic that i got from here that helped me when i snorked my 700. you can do a hidden snorkel for the motor intake and all you will need is some 1.5" flex spa hose and two 1.5" 90 degree pvc elbows.

REMOVE THE FRONT PLASTIC.. trust me it not that hard and it will make things soo easy. from there remove the frontal most factory air box. it is very restrictive and is a POS IMHO. from there you can see how east it is to run the snork up to your pod. dont forget some di-electric grease for your spark plug boot and electrical connections.

i have become a complete 700efi NUT so to speak, so if you have any little questions, feel free to ask....

marcus

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Marcus What kind of tubing do you use for your snorkels.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I used 1.5 inch sump pump hose even. Get about 12 feet of it for a couple bucks at Fleet Farm :chug: Worked good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've become a 700 nut too and have put 27 inch Mud Lite XTR's with the ITP 14 inch cast wheels so far. My question is what else needs to be snorkled for them under water jaunts.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey, six-ohh, nice job on the snorkle, can you tell me how you did the belt intake and exhaust, and pics if you have them. I found it hard for the belt exhaust to run to the front so i brought it out the back, but i dont like it there cause of water wheelies.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
the tranny exhaust is the pain.. but everything is 1.5" PVC, exept for some of those squerielly spots around the motor, use 1.5" spa flex hose available anywhere, just be sure to wrap it in heat tape or header wrap...

·
Registered
311 Posts
i used 2" pvc and some 2" rad hose to do the belt exhaust....flex rad hose is a bit of $$, but can take the heat very well, the intake for the belt used 3" pvc and some metal exhaust peices to join together.....wanted to make sure that the belt/clutching gets all the air it possibly can.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just finished the snorkel this weekend. I did mine just like the link posted at the bottom of this page. The guy who did his put some great pics up and was very helpful. The only I did different was the belt intake because when I tried it like he did I didn't feel that it was enough of a seal, but overall I did the same way. I plan on letting everything cure through the week and then taking it out this weekend. Also, I do have a question. Did anyone do anything to their airbox? Does it make a good enough seal on its own?

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/551200290PKSwVR

2007 Artic Cat 700 EFI, snorkeled, 3500 Venom winch, spotlight, 30" MudLites XXL, Black ITP wheels
2002 Big Bear stock
2007 50cc Jackel

·
Registered
300 Posts
very nice pic that you found there tapp

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Tapp can u tell me your shopping list, ie pipe,
90's 3 to 2 reducers ect.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
good job tapp... glad to see it went well

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nice pick good job

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I basically did everything like the link I posted earlier. My shopping list included numerous 90 elbows, reducers, spa hose, pvc cement, silicone, 1 1/2 pvc, 2" pvc, header wrap, numerous hose clamps, heat sheild. I think that was all. I did buy too many different fittings b/c I live 35 min from Home Depot and didn't want to take the chance of not having something and having to go back. I had to find a special fitting to connect the spa hose to the pvc and I also applied gobs of sealent. Apparently, all is well b/c I had it in water over the front plastic and checked my airbox and trans and no water. I will tell you this, someone had posted that the factory air box doesn't make a good seal, so I wanting to make sure tried to use some makeshift gasket around it and got a little water in there. I didn't drown it out and didn't even notice until the next day when I was checking around in there. I then took off the "gasket" and took it in even deeper water and it was bone dry. So yes even though it doesn't look like it the box does make a sufficent seal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot to add that some people cut out one section of the front rack so that the snorkel's are straight, but I didn't do this because if want to return the bike to stock form (warranty) I can. You can notice that my air intake is straight and the other two are at an angle. I had to do this for that reason. I also used so angle iron I had laying around to mount them to with some U-bolts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tapp836 @ Mar 19 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I forgot to add that some people cut out one section of the front rack so that the snorkel's are straight, but I didn't do this because if want to return the bike to stock form (warranty) I can. You can notice that my air intake is straight and the other two are at an angle. I had to do this for that reason. I also used so angle iron I had laying around to mount them to with some U-bolts.[/b]
You dont have to cut the front rack to keep them straight. I have all 3 in line and did not cut the rack or any plastic beyond the radiator cover.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts