Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the 06 700efi se? I was looking for a 500 but this one has came up brand new and a good deal, just can't find much about it. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
welcome call theres been quite a bit posted on this site regarding the 700efi, from what I've read it sounds like a pretty good machine, its based off of the suzuki king quad 700, you can do a search in the forum for atv for the 700efi and you oughta be able to get a lot of good information, and if you wait around long enough some of the guys will answer, anyways welcome to the site I think you'll enjoy it there's alot of good people on here Ridegreen:

·
Registered
487 Posts
first of all its efi. You can start it in nearly all conditions. It has lots of low end tourque and some top end. Its a good all around bike though. I think they clocked one at 73 miles. And another thing is zuki motor. you cant mod them up much like a kawasaki.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had one since last spring & love it.
I can't tell you the top end speed....but guess mid 60ies...but I don't care to go that fast on it.
Lots of power...although others say it has a lag on the bottom end.
It is fuel injected as 650boy said & powered by the same engine that the Suzuki King quad uses...most of the AC ute's are powered by the zuki motors...exception being the 650's.
The aftermarket is still lagging on hop up parts, but there are slipon exhausts,clutch kits, & a few TFI controller's.
VDI is going to be releasing a computer for it that will adjust the timeing & fuel injection & claim it does a lot on there test bike.
Never rode with another cat yet & can't say how they compare...but beleive the 700 has less bottom end power than the 650H1 but better top end.
It won't disappoint you.
Stephen in northern IN

·
Registered
300 Posts
Buy the 700, you can always use the extra power. Both are good reliable machines that wont leave you stranded.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't bang your head over it, just buy it and you will not regret it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought one back in october and now have about 200 miles on it. Had to warranty the fancy painted plastic for peeling but seems fine now. Dealer said AC had two vendors for the plastic and one was bad. Has more power than my 04 650 v2 but way different and is much bigger/bigger feeling. I have a small bridge where I ride that max's out at 49" wide and the 700 is the only machine of the group that cannot squeeze through. I still think it was the best value for the discounts they are offering, but I liked my 04 650 better.

Erik

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tickster @ Jan 2 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
VDI is going to be releasing a computer for it that will adjust the timeing & fuel injection & claim it does a lot on there test bike.[/b]
Dyno Jet is supposed to be coming out with a power commander tuner for the AC 700 soon too. According to the VDI website, their unit is plug and play, and they don't mention any adjustability. VDI also lists their price as $500, and power commanders are priced at near half that. The power commanders can also be easily adjusted for future mods too. I have a power commander on my heavily modded H-D, and their software is pretty easy to use.

Just another option.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think you will love the 700 I have the v2 and if i every up grade it will be the 700 efi in cat green. I would get it in the TRV if they ever come out with this option. I think this would be the cats meow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are awesome machines. In our household we own 2 700 King Quads and one 700 Arctic Cat (mine). I have 27 Mudlites on the AC. It is built way better than the Kings. Much better racks, better suspension, and the way the suspension is designed the rocks and garbage dont get wrapped around the axles like it does on the Kings. They also hold two gallons more gas than the Kings.
They are heavy and not quite as fast as the Kings.
If you want a hunting and utility rig the AC 700 is the way to go. If you want to play more then buy a King.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Buy the 700. Have had mine since last summer and cant complain about a thing. Good power, dependable, lasting very well. Paint will come off when rubbed on trees or sides of big holes!! Other then the paint it has been pretty good, oh yeah, and the belt vent tube is set too low in the back and will fill with water if you so much as see water. No biggie, they made a really handy, easy to reach drain plug on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onyx_z71 @ Jan 3 2007, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dyno Jet is supposed to be coming out with a power commander tuner for the AC 700 soon too. The power commanders can also be easily adjusted for future mods too. I have a power commander on my heavily modded H-D, and their software is pretty easy to use.

Just another option.[/b]
:huh: The Powercommander for the King Quad should fit the AC 700 EFI. Everything looks exactly the same down to the plugs and wiring. May need to tweak the maps but the PC itself should fit.

Dobeck's TFI for the King should also fit. A couple of guys on Highlifter are using them on their ACs.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
So has anybody put on the powercommander on there AC yet? And if you did how do you like it?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Took the 700 out for a spin to night I had it up to 63.6 mph with a gps. Do you think this is top speed.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
no it is not, but dont kill urself trying.. lol

the vdi WILL be hands down the component that will unleash the 700. as for now the 700 lacks bottom end as the H1 will walk it out of the hole NP.

david has the commander on his 700 and it did get a fair share of the low end back on the machine. then again, we havent raced head to head either lol.

good day,

marcus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts