Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 700 shows efi on dash and there is nothing when pushing the start button. There is power everywhere else and headlights are brite. It is winter here and atv is used for plowing snow. Machine is 300miles from a dealership. Any suggestions on what it could be.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
In neutral? Or are you holding brake lever pulled in? other than that it must be the starter. Check cable to see if connections are tight on battery and at starter, also check ground at battery and where it is bolted to frame.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine does this once in a while as well. Just shut the ignition off and turn back on and start. Should start. I do not know why it does this but doing what I said works!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Jan 29 2007, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mine does this once in a while as well. Just shut the ignition off and turn back on and start. Should start. I do not know why it does this but doing what I said works![/b]
you are correct. if the key is on for more than 30 seconds or so the bike will receive a electronic fuel injection error code. turn the key off for a minute or so then back on. i leave mine on all the time cause the remote wire for my amp is tied to it when i listen to the MP3's while at a resting point in the woods. a always have to turn the key off then back on a gain to start the bike cause it says efi.

i believe it is one of the sensors timing out but i am not certain. mabye somone could confirm that? there is a sensor that measures barametric pressure and one that measures mass air flow. it might be due to the fact that the fuel pump is on when the key is on, but the MAF sensor is not seeing air flow thru the manifold like it would when you are starting the bike...

let us know sir,

oh, one more thing.. if all else fails, take the key out disconnect the ground on the battery for a few munites. it will reset the error codes.

marcus :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried the brake already and no worky. It has been down for a week know and turning key off and on does not work.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would guess it's the starter, blown fuse or relay, or kill switch.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
if you know what your doing you can get a jumper cable from the pos side of the batt and touch the starter lead for just a sec and see if it tuns over.

did u ck your fuses?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have had mine not prime before and not start but that does not sound like your problem. If i were you i would first disconnect your negative battery cable like someone else said to clear any codes. Then try to start, if starter does not click or turn over then jump the starter relay(with the key on) which is right beside the ecm under the seat and see if it turns over. Seems kinda wierd your efi light comes on, probably means it is not your starter but something more related to your ecm.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my buddies did this before but wouldnt start no matter what. Something was wrong with one of the components that makes noise from the rear of the quad when you first turn on the key, sounded like a fuel pump cycling usually but it wasnt doing this and causing EFI to flash. Dealer fixed it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
This is exactly why I won't buy a EFI machine right now. I bet it is something electrical with the computer. I have already in the past been on rides where the a KQ did exactly this when 20+ miles off the road. With my carbed H1. nothing much to go wrong. Sounds just like the 2 KQs that did not start. Turned the key and nothing. Will not even turn over. They had the computer replace and fixed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
any word on what your problem was arcticholic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts