Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
The dealer i use has two in stock-they are pretty neat but appears as they will not be mudders! They would be great for a rancher or farmer.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree..............

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
My dealer has 2 that he said were sent as a mandate from AC. He is hoping to sell them to a rancher without having to take too much of a loss. Not much farming in our area. I rode one and it had great power until it fell on its face at 25mph in high range. Definitely not the machine for me but to each his own. It did sound pretty cool, kinda like a misfiring powerstroke.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought it was kind of strange that it only had a top speed of 40.............

·
Registered
782 Posts
Let bully dog or any tuner get there hands one and see what they can do to it heck in a few months everyone might want one lol

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Wonder why they didn't give it the 12 inch GC? and I'm thinking it has the potential for many "tuners" to do magic ! I can easily see maybe a small turbo?, maybe an intercooler or aftercooler, small propane injection, etc..etc.etc... diesels make goobs of torque!! it could possible turn 30" tires with little effoert! ... heehee

·
Registered
123 Posts
thats what I'm talking about....turbo...intercooler....

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was kinda bummed when i saw it, no turbo or such on it. I didnt like the belt on it either-i think it went to the alternator-heck i cant remember now. And the battery is located in the rear!!! Whats up with that!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Green4004x4 @ May 2 2007, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wonder why they didn't give it the 12 inch GC? and I'm thinking it has the potential for many "tuners" to do magic ! I can easily see maybe a small turbo?, maybe an intercooler or aftercooler, small propane injection, etc..etc.etc... diesels make goobs of torque!! it could possible turn 30" tires with little effoert! ... heehee[/b]
The diesel is in the frame of the TRV, that's why.

Vince

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I know it's the TRV frame... but I wonder why they couldn't use the 650-700 frame and beef up the stress areas... The engine can't weigh THAT much more that it would benifet from the larger frame...hmmm

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Grim did you get your cat together..?? where is the pix :D

yeah the belt and stuff would make the diesel bad for mud and nasty stuff.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll let you guys know how they are next week. I'm picking one up Tuesday or Wednesday. As far as the power goes, the pump is set very lean. It has a lot of room for turning up the power. The actual top speed is supposed to be around 45mph. The alternator belt shouldn't have much to do with not being able to take it into mud but a TRV isn't really designed for mud anyway. You can increase the ground clearance by one inch by adding 26" tires. I mostly ride trails so 40-45 is plenty of speed for me. We're headed to South Dakota for a week the 1st of June. It should be great in the Black Hills. On the 26" tire issue, the gearing this year is 4:10 so going up to 26" won't have any effect on it. I totaled my AC700 on Black Mountain in Kentucky two weeks ago. Thought I would venture into the TRV market this time. It also fits in well with my Ford diesel and the fact that I produce my own bio-diesel.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Green, you would be really surprised at how much more a diesel ways as opposed to gas.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I've worked on a few Powerstrokes and duramax, and cummins... I know the deisels are heavy, but this being a twin, on a atv I figured it might weigh in at the equivilent of a H2 or maybe a little more... I'm sure the engine alone doesn't tip the scales at 600lbs, and a hundred pounds worth or frame etc... But I could be wrong... I have an open mind....

·
Registered
37 Posts
The dry weight of the 700 Diesel is 823 lbs. The TRV Plus LE is 756lbs. Since the diesel doesn't come with a winch and the LE does, that should put the extra weight of the diesel at about 50 lbs over the H1.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guys I was wrong on the weight difference. I should have deducted weight from the H1 TRV but instead I deducted weight from the diesel. The weight difference should be about 75-80lbs, with the diesel weighing more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts