Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You decide which is which, sorry for the Can-Am fellas, but AC just did not have the goods out yet bang your head . But i still have old fathfull :super_happy: Sherman :super_happy: .

it is allot smaller than i expected, Sherman towers over it by a bunch Not worthy: .

All i can say about this Renegade is WOW!!!!!!! what a rocket..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i messed up the picture did not upload crap!!!!!

give my i bit here fellas

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try again here :devil_angry:

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
One of the riding crew we have just took his out today for the maiden voyage All I can say is evil, evil, evil. THis is one sick ride. Good luck with it and hold on.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
cool beans, i think the renegade is a better suited platform for that engine than the outy. of course i have never riden either. just my .02

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Jan 12 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That is cool!! If money only grew on trees!!![/b]
Yeah its a shame they want so much for there atvs .. looks cool though :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
:thumbsup: cool looking wheeler.I am not to much on top of Can am so,is this just basically a true trail 4wd trail machine,what kind of riding will it mostly be for.Not trying to step on toes just asking it looks very fast.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
nice looking machine you got there, i wouldn't mind trying one out, at first when they came out i didn't care for the look but they are definatly growing on me!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
There designed for racing and speed enthusiast who love fast speed trail riding. dont ride it over rocks until you put skid plates on it though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Smoke, once you put a set of ricohets on er, bring it up my way this spring, hundreds of miles of trails, pipelines and fast double track, sounds like a nice combo, great lookin bikes, all the best

Dave

·
Registered
741 Posts
Love the huge muffler snorkle piped to the wall... Cat happy Cat happy

Good bike dude... I'd like to try one someday...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Not worthy: Thats a sweet ride there smoke Not worthy:

Be sure to post a ride report once you get some seat time on it. I'd like to hear how it rides, handles, feel and of course the power, hopefully not to much for the suspension and chasis.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First off, this review will be based on my findings and riding style it does not reflect everyone because hey evey person is deffrent.. i am 230lbs and 6ft -2" tall

Engine- I am realy impressed by the motor Very strong wide power delivery, pulls hard from 3500rpm to 7700 rpm to where i have reached, the only thing i have noticed is there is a lag in power when you are at crusing speed. lets say 30mph if you were to pin it there is a slight hesitation. this morning i made 3 runs down the road (paved) first run clocked on the speedo 81mph second run on GPS clocked 77mph while the read out on the machine said 82mph, last run back to the house i was tucked in under the bars and GPS said 79Mph read out on the quad said 84MPH, all things being said IT MOVES> HOLD ON.....

Clutching and CVT- Very smooth engagement begins at 1300rpm and ramps up quick to 7700rpm to where i have eased off, back shifts very quick and engine break is comparible to a polaris sportsman. and is very responsive.

Suspension- by far the best suspension that a sport/utillity machine has come with, rear of the quad feels like a Solid axle quad carving corners with ease at speeds. (HP helps as well) front of the machine tends to push through the corners at slow speeds, so what i found that what i had to do was speed up before the corner and let of the gas let the front of the machine load up and point and shoot. front of the machine could stand to be a little wider 2" perhaps.

Style- You will either Hate it or Love it....Enough said......

Lighting- insterments/dash. High/low and combined the 2. work very well projector lights give off plenty of heat so dont touch if you want to keep your fingers. tail light is very small and tucked under the rear grab bar, 2 straps hold it in place, remove the straps and the tail light falls downward on hinges to expose a storage compartment big enough for 2 king cans,,,,whoops i mean tools and stuff like that...... the interment screen is very cool all digitle and has everthing you need, the charectors are very large so you can see them clear and you can combine features in one screens so you dont have to scroll all the time. for example. RPM/MPH Or MPH and ODO or HR or KMH. the choices are endless. the oly thing on the front of the machine that i am not to keen on is the handlebars, they seem to be a bit flimsy and out of place where they are.

Tires- Holeshots. to things here that i have noticed from a dead stop. Wide open start. you will either fry them right off the rim or they will hook up and send you to the moon all depends need more seat time with the tires to really get used top them

Body protection. There is none!!!!!!!

Machine needs skid plates for sure....

4x4- have not had a chance to get a good read on this as well. but from what i did have the chance to play with i can say it is the same as all the viscolok systems BRP has. all things considered dont whack full thorottle from a dead stop,,, ,,,, like i said fry the tires or get your space suit on.

End conclusion.

This is a trail machine for an experienced rider, this is not for the faint at heart. it will hurt you if you push it. this is not a mud machine at all some people say it is a stripped down outlander....well they are totaly mistaken the only thing you see from the outlander is the 800cc rotax and the front Diff. breaks are moved out to the hub on the front, and the rear is totaly diffrent.

hope this helps everone out. i could have added more but my fingers are tired.

Smoke

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Hey Joe,

That is absolutely beautiful!!! Well worth the wait I'm sure. I moved in November and guess what I found in a drawer when I was packing? That map I said I would send you about 6-7 months ago bang your head . I'll get it out to you today or tomorrow.

Keep us updated with your thoughts/feelings on that beast!
Aaron

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Smoke- congrates on the new ride. I just pulled the rigger on the same thing and picking it up tomorrow. I'm surprised on your thoughts of pushy handling. It seemed the one consistent thing I read was the great sporty handling. Perhaps diferent tires may help. I plan on putting some 27" bugs on it to get a bit of ground clearance and still keep a light weight tire. What is your thoughts on the steering effort. Read some thought it was easy and light, other early reports said it was heavy.

I'll give my own reports after this weekends breakin ride. YThanks for any further thoughts.

PS- lots of good accessories coming down the pipe from Canam for it. Cheers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts