Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I've come to the conclusion My 650H1 has a carb gunked up by ethanol crap gas. It will only start and run if I'm pumping the choke( handle on the front right side of the carb). other wise using the throttle at all it will die. Can I presume the carb needs to come out and jets ect cleaned or is there an additive I can put in the fuel or spray into the carb somehow that will take care of this problem. Whoever came up with the idea of adding ethanol to gasoline should be strung up.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I tried additives in my 500 and still had to remove the carb and get all the green coating off everything

·
Administrator
37,326 Posts
That lever is a primer nor a choke. Your carb has an electric choke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That lever is a primer nor a choke. Your carb has an electric choke.
Then what is the lever? Oh got you, primer not a choke. So does this change any of the particulars in my case, it will run as long as I keep pumping the primer, otherwise kaput.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried additives in my 500 and still had to remove the carb and get all the green coating off everything
Thanks. I was thinking of trying to take off the fuel line, run the carb until dry then fill it up with carb cleaner, let sit for a while and give that a try. What do you think? Worth a shot at least?

·
Administrator
37,326 Posts
You only get out , what you put into it. At its age a good carb cleaning will really wake it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts