Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think so. I pd. $6400 for mine but that was a year end deal (bought it in December of 05). The same machinge in the '06 model was almost a grand more. Considering that bike is old stock, you may even get him to shave off some of the extra fees too which can add up like frieght, documenation, dealer prep etc. In that case, it would really be a deal!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I think that's pretty good....I haven't seen them for much cheaper than that. Are you looking at Gander in Brainerd...you may find slightly cheaper than 5599 if you want to shop a lot. I know Osseo is selling some for pretty cheap if you are willing to travel...kind of a toss up sometimes to weigh how much traveling to get the atv will cost you?
I just bought a 2006 650 v2 over at Gander in December....

Good to see another Brainerd person on here...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just remember you get belt issues with 04 and 05 models of the v2 due to to high of gearing, ride it in low most all the time and dont get over 26" tires unless you want to get into the whole reclutching thing. Buy a 06 and forget all those problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Miller marine in St Cloud 07 H1 5899.00 3yr warraty. Heinens in Osseo i think sannie said was 5899 with rebates. Also 07 H1 with 3yr. Miller was sale price might get cheaper with rebates.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just bought my 04 V2 new holdover w/ 13 miles for 4995.00 OTD, and delivered. Sounds to me like it's a good deal. Just remember once you experience the sound, and accelleration of the V2 you'll be hooked. The only thing I can add is that the more miles you put on the faster, and quicker it gets. Id also recommend you pull the actuator fuse to disable the engine braking system Kaw uses. You'll still have plenty of engine braking, but it'll be a much nicer ATV when it comes to taking off and low end "grunt". Let us know how you make out, and good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the imput. I think that I will stick with my trusty 500 auto for a while. I have heard (and experienced) too many horror storys about V2 belt issues to buy one.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (carl2003 @ Apr 12 2007, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the imput. I think that I will stick with my trusty 500 auto for a while. I have heard (and experienced) too many horror storys about V2 belt issues to buy one.[/b]

Don't believe them all either. I put a spring in the secondary, run 27" tires and almost always run in high range unless I'm towing something or going through mud which one of the 2 is quite often. Never smoked a belt yet. Are they true mudders only? no, but everything else? yes

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Don't know about the belt issue yet...only have 180 miles since bought end of December. I plan to take it apart soon and try to follow the directions to make sure deflection is set correctly. I've read on here that this is pretty important to ensure trouble free performance, although I've also read about many people not having any probs at all. Only problem I've had so far is the choke freezing in our MN winter weather. I'll plan to tak this apart a couple time a year and clean and lube it well. Other than that I love this machine. Oh...weak battery too...gonna buy th Odyssey battery this fall.

I guess other than that the other problem I have is reading this darn forum....I get addicted to reading it and then I want more mods. Right now I am mostly stock but I want a MOose module, hidden snorks eventually, and new tires. I put the sway bar on and love it! Cat happy

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have 150+ miles on mine and the belt's been perfect. Slight squeal at idle in gear, and notta prob yet. It is an issue but it's not a deal breaker in my opinion if you want what is a very nice rig. 2004 ATV of the Year by 2 "respected" mags (if there is such a thing) :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts