Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 V2 just started acting up. You can be driving along and all of a sudden, the speedometer drops and the motor lugs out than instantly picks back up again. It does not get over 55 or so when this happens, it just keeps kicking in and out. Does anybody have a clue as to what this may be? Also, now I have to pull-start it every once and a while. I just put another battery in to see if that would cure it but it does not. It seems like maybe a short somewhere. Just wondering if somebody else has had the same problem so I can get it fixed easy.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
sounds electrical

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Check the wiring in the steering column and also the wiring plug by the keyswitch. Both have been known to ground out.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tony650v2 @ May 7 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My 06 V2 just started acting up. You can be driving along and all of a sudden, the speedometer drops and the motor lugs out than instantly picks back up again. It does not get over 55 or so when this happens, it just keeps kicking in and out. Does anybody have a clue as to what this may be? Also, now I have to pull-start it every once and a while. I just put another battery in to see if that would cure it but it does not. It seems like maybe a short somewhere. Just wondering if somebody else has had the same problem so I can get it fixed easy.

Thanks[/b]
I have the same 06 650v2 TS and had a similar issue , chech under the seat theres a starter selinoid with wires next to the Cdi , mine had a wire not bolted under the red plastic hood . It just made intermittent contact, my pod would lose power among other symtoms . Now if you have a Dynatek cdi like Kevin mentioned its probably your problem as the 05/06 650v2's need the new upgraded version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.