Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had problems with carb(s) on the 650 V2 sticking and gas pouring out the overflow hose?

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah, mine has done that a few times. I think the float is stuck when that happens. I just tap on the bottom of the carbs with a wrench, shut the bike on an off, and ride around on some bumpy areas. Not sure which one of those fixes it, but it never seems to last long.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
LOL sounds like the way I would fix it too Morris. If it doesn't go away I think you need to clean out the carbs. I have done a set on the 650 that had a sticky choke and it wasn't much fun but if you have worked on carbs before I wouldn't hesitate to do it yourself. Make sure the carb slides go back in the proper carb or they may hang up. ie front slide stays with front carb rear stays with rear.

WC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sam23 @ Dec 30 2006, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has anybody had problems with carb(s) on the 650 V2 sticking and gas pouring out the overflow hose?[/b]
The first time it happened, a little rough riding stopped it. This last time it took a 20 mile ride on the trailer to the dealer to stop it. ( Of course when I got to the dealer it was fine)

·
Registered
741 Posts
happened to me when the bike was new... they said fine particles of sand was found in the bowls.. turned up, it was small carb metal shavings..

Happened to me a few times after that too and a WIDE open run cured it, except the last time... had to take them apart. they were clean, but the float was stuck. just open the bowl and and put it back cured it...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Add some seafoam to your fuel and it will keep the varnish from bad/old or contaminated fuel from building up and sticking the needle valve that controls float bowl level's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts