61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
35,854 Posts
Dynatek

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok thanks all my buddy run the dynatek but i wanted the best and i have heard about the cooperhead cdi box here on arcticchat so i figured i would ask if anyone has a compared the 2. how do you feel about the hmf performance exhaust compared to the hmf penland pro exhaust from what i have read the penland give you better low - mid range power than just the other but does anyone know if its worth the extra cash?

·
Administrator
35,854 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I say that the best things for these V2s are gear reductions. Teryx reduction is the most bang for your buck mod I have. And I have them all (excluding butchering my exhaust).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the exhaust mod over the weekend. I drilled 6 holes that are 1/2" and welded the stock cap back on. Then went riding Sunday and I don't really know if it made any difference? My bike now pops or hickups more thought. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Anytime you make a change to the intake or exhaust your making a change to the air/fuel ratio's. Its breathing better with better exhaust flow so your running it a bit on the lean side now. This might have something to do with it acting up a bit more now. Best thing is to make sure your bike is running perfect before you make any changes that way your not trying to fix 2 potentional problems instead of the 1 current. You might need to upsize your jet's a bit with the mod you made. Simple process and while your doing it i would definitly do a thurough cleaning, also put in a inline fuel filter that is easily accessable and visibile next to the carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya when I got my bike it had 1 1/2 snorkels and I redid all of it to 2" and I changed jets out from 122 front and back to 125 in the front and 128 in the rear carb. The arctic cat dealer told me that they should be different so that's what I did it runs good just pops or hickups more after I did the exhaust mod it did do it before but not near as bad. I can't say that the exhaust mod did much well not that I can notice. A friend has the hmf on his 650v2 and I rode it this weekend and its set up like my bike with exception of my bigger tires and bigger clutch kit but his runs way better and his bike has 1500+ miles and mine has only 400 miles. So I guess I should just go with bigger jets? Seams that way I guess.

·
Administrator
35,854 Posts
Talk to him and he can tune your clutching to your riding style, tire size, weight etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why is it that i look for 04 parts but cant find anything but i can find anything for 05 is there any diffrence? Can i just look at 05 parts from now on?

·
Registered
664 Posts
In 2005 the body style changed, as well as the 4WD system. The engine and transmission parts to my knowledge will be the same, but most of the cosmetic parts will not.

What parts are you looking for for your 04?

·
Registered
20 Posts
As of right now belt but sumthing is wrong with my front diff and will be looking for parts for that soon and also bushings and bearings.. balljoints etc...

·
Administrator
35,854 Posts
Look on the frame right behind your muffler. Looks like an 04

·
Administrator
35,854 Posts
Did you find it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I never found it by the muffler sorry to take over a year to reply but I did find a sticker up by the front left behind the tire assuming it was the vin... 4UF04ATVX4T25570677

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn i was hoping it would grow a couple years newer lol. I've been working on it a little here and there just got it running again and put new shoes on it

61 - 80 of 80 Posts