Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sanny, I bought the new 06 rear master cyl and it doesnt fit. bang your head The shaft that engages the cylinder is too short to fit on the existing foot pedal.
Do you have a part number that I can compare mine to?

Cheers

Dirt

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought the 05 rear master cyl, 100 bucks more than the 06.....basically the same as the 06, but comes with additional hardware to extend the brake shaft and mounting brackets for the new resovoir....hope to install it over the next week...will let you know how it pans out...

Cheers

Dirt.

UPDATE July 30/07.....Well finally got to her and it went on nicely....just a real pain in the @#[email protected] bleeding the breaks...had real problems gettin fluid to the caliper......had to get a turkey injector (big needle) and reverse the procedure...I pushed the fluid up throught the caliper up to the new cylinder and up to the resevoir....I just put the resevoir under the seat and tie strapped it down.

now I finally have rear breaks....but they dont have too much stopping power....just abt right when going down those really steep slopes, in addition to the engine brake (on belt).

Cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Throw away the plug and instructions for the limp mode reset. All I did was solder the wires together just outside the belt case and will never, ever experience limp mode again. You do have to be a little more aware of your clutches so that you can hear them slamming together on a narrow part of the belt if you smoke one. It is quite obvious. All the other tips are great, keep them coming!!!

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
mortrider74, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

Cooool Pic! kewlpics

Dealer did it under warranty for me... He replaced the entire 04 rear brake system with 06 parts... Caliper, master cylinder, and remote reservoir.

The 04 had the reservoir & master built into one unit, no remot reservoir. So what I think is going on is, the bit of air in the reservoir gets into the wrong side of the piston in the master housing.

On the 06, the reservoir is mounted remotely by a hose, and no air can get near the piston in the master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Because KOD's site seems to have some intermittent issues, I've taken his instructions (which are linked in the first post here) and converted it to a PDF for you guys. These are HIS instructions, not mine. Wish I could take credit as they are rock solid, but they are his.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I snorkeled my 06 V-twin for under 20 bucks if you remover your radator access panel you will see your motor and belt intake comeing out just put a 90% elbow on them and bring it straight up to get the look you want, then mark on the access cover were the snorkels will come through and cut it out, then glue everything together and your good to go oh yea remove the stock airbox scoop thing from over the raditor

·
Registered
35 Posts
what about the cold on these vtwins

I have heard there a bear to start so i went out to start mine it dropped to 45 lastnight.choke on,switch turned on,fires up let it idle for 2minutes start to back up and it sounded like it was bogging.SO I PIT IT IN NUETRAL AND REVED?IT UP AND SHE FINALLY WAS HER OLD SELF.so what do you think?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Snorkling and exhaust kits

Hey guys after looking for awhile I have not found much for either of these subjects. I have never had to snorkel a atv but my son and some friends all have there done and I enjoy riding with them.
So it would help a lot with the places they go. But like you said I don't want to have to rejet however I do believe it had already been done. Second my exhaust the longer pipe of the 2 is pitted and rusted out in several places and i want to put a after market exhaust But don't want to break the bank any suggestions.

·
Administrator
35,821 Posts
Look in the pinned section "snorkels". If you want a jet kit I have a brand new DYNOJET kit for sale if your interested pm me

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2005 650 v-twin and im wanting to do some upgrades i have already got it snorkeled clutch kit and 29.5 highlifter tires im want ing to know what people think about the cooperhead cdi box over the dynatek cdi box and also the hmf exhaust over the hmf penland pro i do more trail riding than anything but i do visit the sand dunes a couple times a year. any input would be real greatful

41 - 60 of 80 Posts