Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking to get back into it. Loved my Kaw. twin motor, but based on the fact that I'd have to go back to a 06 model, I was wondering how Cats H1 700 compares. I'm sure it's not as smooth and lacks the top end. any other input would be great. I have never rode a 700.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have never rode a V2, but there are a bunch more modification you can do to that motor than the AC 700. The H1 is a stout performer and is really bulletproof. You dont have to mess with running in low range or issues with the belt that the V2 are prone for, so that will save a little headache, granted those issues are relatively easily rectified so it wouldnt keep me from buying it.

An advantage for the 700H1 is that it is EFI, so that will have smooth consistent running no matter temp or elevation. If you are able to spend the money for a new machine (700H1) I think it is worth it, but you can probably get a good deal on a used V2 so you could save some money.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Never rode a 700H1, but it's got the duramatic tranny so that there is a HUGE plus in my opinion. I've owned two 650V2's and liked them both a lot. I've also had two 650H1's and liked them both as well. I'm not a fast rider, and I do work with my quads and do some hauling. In my many years of H1 ownership, I have replaced only one belt and that was because I had swamped my machine and wanted to ensure the belt would be fine, so I pre-emptively changed it and kept the old one as a spare. One thing to note here is that even though I swamped it (LOTS of mud/water in the belt casing) it still grabbed and got me out of the deep mud hole....the V2 would never have done that...not even a question about it.

The 700H1 will have more low end torque, but not sure how it compares to the V2's "snap" off the line.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Not only do you have different motors, you have different springs and different steering. As a V2 owner I would have to say buy the 700 H1, I would. You can modify the Kawasaki V2 motor and make a ton of power, if that's not your thing then the better riding, easier steering, EFI 700H1 is a better choice.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys...Ride is important, but so is a little elbo lock. I really liked the snap my twin had. Guess I'll have to ride one and see.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catrackin @ Dec 21 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the replys guys...Ride is important, but so is a little elbo lock. I really liked the snap my twin had. Guess I'll have to ride one and see.[/b]
that snap that the vtwin has is hard to meet for the single
i have had an 04 650vtwin le loved it, instant throttle responce like the tcat
the singles are not as snappy but have torque down bottom and mid range.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yes 08 was the first year for the 700 h1, built off the 650 h1 which was intoduced in 2005

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
The suki 700 is a bullet proof motor. How ever it does have some low end efi throttle lag. Would take a power commander 3 to get rid of it. They dont produce the same horse power as the h1.

I beleive there are a few more mods out for the suki engine.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Yah lol theres a few mods for the 700 (zuki) efi \/ \/ Heres my opinion, The 700h1 cat motor has more power yes..but if you take a my bike and a h1 and gear them the same i think i would pull away. My buddy has a mudpro and i can take him off the line and run away and he has 4.0s. I also like how quite the clutching is on the zuki the 700 h1 sounds like its full of marbles. Either bike would be a good choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my 700h1 packs my 450lb arse anywhere and everywhere i wanna go and will pull a wheelie with no lean, it's pretty fast for a big ute, the 700h1 is the first fourwheeler i've ever owned (ridden lots) and im VERY happy/impressed with it...............................but i only have 11hrs on er'

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have found an 08 700H1 w/ 1500 miles. Frt & Rr bumpers, 3k winch, T-cat shocks and springs, hand warmers, hmf, clutch kit, types 7's, w/ 26 xtr's....$5800??? I havnt seen it yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catrackin @ Dec 22 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I may have found an 08 700H1 w/ 1500 miles. Frt & Rr bumpers, 3k winch, T-cat shocks and springs, hand warmers, hmf, clutch kit, types 7's, w/ 26 xtr's....$5800??? I havnt seen it yet.[/b]
sounds like a great deal

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 08 700 h1. and I absolutely love it. Ive owned it for two years now. It always starts even at 20 below, without a block heater!!
It seems to have tons of lowend and midrange power and torque. I have twentyeight in mudders itps and it will go anywhere. the only thing is it is a bit noisy in the drivetrain compared to the v twin, but I never run out of power even in high. The belt doesnt slip as the v twins do.
I plow snow with mine in the winter and go play in the mountains in summer altitude doesnt even bother its performance due to the fuel inj.
I have over 10k invested in mine so five thousand is a good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts